Thursday, March 20, 2008

Test Tool: Random date and time value generator

Test Tool: Random date and time value generator There are tons of applications and other instances where you need to either test using dates, or you actually need random dates. If you want to write posts on your blog ahead of time, and post them randomly between the 1st of March and the 2nd of April,the random date and time value generator is the tool for you. I love that this is such a simple tool, yet so powerful and customizable. You can enter exact start and end dates (down to seconds), select the number of dates you need, and you can even alter the format to your liking. This is great for international users, and for testing different input methods as well. The data is then presented in simple text form, one date after another. This makes populating Excel tables super easy, no formatting to worry about, just copy paste. I wish they would make many more tools like this, this date generator is something that has saved me many hours of work

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Pen Drive, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://pen-drive-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.